Darkening of Underarms can become quite a big problems for a lot of people. In summer it become difficult for them to wear sleeveless dresses as well as sleeveless tops and t-shirts and then people started to feel self conscious about this.
Darkened underarms can be due to different reasons.
1- This problem could be caused due to a medical condition which is called Acanthosis Nigricans. In this condition the colour of the underarm skin not only becomes dark but the skin also becomes thickened and starts developing folds, there is also a strong smell of sweat along with itching in the armpit area, sometimes there is a burning sensation also and many times, not only are the armpits affected by this disease but also the growing area as well as the knee and elbow. The cause of this is of often medical conditions in the body or it can also be Genetic in nature which means that it can affect several members in the same family.
2- This problem is also commonly found in those people who have diabetes, blood pressure, problems of those who suffer from obesity.
3- This problem can be hormone imbalance which can occur in PCOS or PCOD and this can lead and imbalance of the thyroid hormone in the body and it can also occur due to an increase in steroid or growth hormones in the body.
4- This problem to occur is due to the intake of certain medicines for example, those who use insulin, or those who use oral contraceptives, or birth control pills or those who may be taking steroid for any reasons and also those who take growth hormone therapy can often begin suffering from Acanthosis Nigricans.
5- The another common cause of underarm skin darkening is spraying alcohol based deodorant and perfumes directly onto your armpits/underarms. It is also caused by frequent application of fragrant talcum powder in your armpits.
6- Another major reason for underarms darkening frequently shaving the underarm without using an appropriate cream or moisturiser and finally repeatedly waxing your armpits can also caused the darkening of underarm skin. This happen because any where in the under arms, upper lip or skin there is repeated trauma due to shaving, waxing, threading or using Chemicals then the skin start making more pigments and consequently become darker.
7- This problem to occur is due to friction. If you are overweight or have lack skin in the underarms area or if you wear very tight fitted clothes this can lead to darkening when two surfaces rub against each other It can lead to friction and darkening of the skin.
8- This problem can be using Hair Removal Cream.
9- Due to excessive sweating, the underarms, private part, neck and other parts of body become black.
10- Rubbing the underarms, neck and private part at the time of bathing also causes the area to turn black.
What to do ?
1. Do not wear very tight clothes.
2. If your body weight is excessive then reduce it.
3. Do not use hair removal cream.
4. Along with wiping other parts of the body after bathing, the under arms should also be well wiped.
5. Do not use talcum powder or perfume.
6. Along with removing the dead skin of the face, scrub should also be done to remove the dead skin of the underarms.
Home remedies to lighten the dark underarms.
1. Mix 2 teaspoons baking soda, 1 pinch turmeric, 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel, 2 teaspoons milk and 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Then apply it on your underarms. (Keep in mind that on the day you remove the hair underarms, do not apply it.) And leave to dry for 10-15 minutes, then wash off. This can be done in an interval of 1 day. Or 3 days in 1 week.
2. Apply apple cider vinegar to the under arms with the help of cotton and wash after drying.
3. 50 grams of liquorice, 50 grams of raw rice, 50 grams of orange peel, 20 grams of wild/Kasturi turmeric. Make a powder by grinding all of these and sieve this powder with a cotton cloth. Now take a little powder and mix a little raw milk in it and make a paste and apply it on your under arms. Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes.Then after drying, remove while rubbing. Apply it once a day. This is a full body whitening pack. It can also be applied to the entire body.
4. Make a paste by mixing turmeric with milk and apply it on the underarms, neck, private part and on the thighs and after drying, rub it gently with hands. Do this three times a week.
5. Mix 2 spoons of rice flour, 1 teaspoon of coffee powder and 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil and mix it. Now scrub this scrub in circular motion on the under arms and leave it for 10 minutes.Do this 3 days a week.
6. Squeeze 100 grams okra, 100 ml water, 1 teaspoon neroli essential oil, 50 grams rice flour, 50 grams coconut flour and one lemon and grind this mixture in a grinder. Now apply this paste in the underarms, neck, elbows, knees, thighs and private parts wherever there is blackness and leave it for 20 minutes and keep in mind that applying this paste can cause a slight itching, So do not worry. Now after 20 minutes, massage it with lukewarm water for 10 to 12 minutes with light hands and wash it. After this, definitely apply sunscreen. Do this twice a week.
7. Make a paste by mixing two teaspoons white toothpaste with one teaspoon baking soda and one teaspoon raw milk. Now apply it on underarms, elbows, knees and other black spots and leave it for 10 minutes.Then after 10 minutes take a cold lemon kept in the fridge and divide it into two parts.Now rub 5 minutes in circular motion with half a lemon.Then wash it, if the skin is very black then do it once a week.
8. Add 2 teaspoons all purpose flour, 2 teaspoon potato juice, 2 spoons beetroot juice, mix well and make a paste. Then steam for 5 minutes with a hot towel.Now apply this pack after taking steam and leave it for 10 minutes. Then rub it with light hands and wash it.
9. Add 2 teaspoons baking soda, 1 teaspoon potato juice, 1 teaspoon raw milk and 1 teaspoon coconut oil and mix it well.Now steam with the help of a hot towel for 5 minutes the underarms and where the area is black and apply this pack and take half a lemon and rub it for 2 to 3 minutes. Then leave it for 10 minutes. Wash with normal water after 10 minutes.
10.Scrub- Prepare a scrub by mixing 2 tablespoons ground lentil lentils, one teaspoon curd and one teaspoon olive oil. Then apply on the under arms and scrub for 2 to 3 minutes.
Mask- 1. Mix well with one spoon of activated charcoal and one spoon of honey and apply it on the underarms for 10 to 15 minutes then rub it with light hands and wash it.
Mask- 2. Make a paste by adding 1 teaspoon gram flour, 1 pinch of turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon of liquorice powder and 1 teaspoon of honey. Let it rest on the underarms for 10 to 15 minutes.Then rub it with light hands and wash it.
11. Pack- Add 1 spoonful of coffee powder, 1 spoonful of curd, 1 pinch of turmeric and 1 spoonful of honey and mix well. Then apply it on the under arms and bikini area and leave it for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash it.
Cream- Mix 2 spoons of aloe vera gel or cucumber gel, half a teaspoon of extra virgin coconut oil and 2 or 3 drops of lemon essential oil and keep it in a container. Then apply this cream after applying the pack. Apply this cream twice a day.
12. (1)- Cut half a cucumber, a small potato and a lemon with peel and grind them in a grinder. Then take it out in a bowl. Now add 2 spoons of wheat flour, 1 teaspoon of curd and half teaspoon of baking soda and make a paste. Apply it on your underarms for 5 to 6 minutes. Then 5 minutes later, massage for 10 minutes and then wash.
(2) – Take white toothpaste and mix a few drops of lemon juice and a little coconut oil in it. Then apply it on the underarms. Then massage for 5 minutes. Then wash it, you can do step 2 if you want. This is optional.
13. Mix 2 teaspoons of sour curd, 1 teaspoon turmeric, 1 teaspoon honey and leave this mixture on the black area daily for 15 to 20 minutes. Then wash it. Do this for 3 to 6 months.
14. Mix 1 teaspoon of water and 1 teaspoon of baking soda in a spoonful of apple cider vinegar. Then apply this paste on the black area. Wash with water after 20 minutes. Then apply extra virgin coconut oil.
15. Mix 1 pinch of turmeric in 2 tablespoons of orange juice and apply it on blackened area for 20 minutes. Use it daily. Wash it again after 20 minutes.
16. Make a paste by adding a little water to the gram flour and apply on the Eltimate Body Part and wash it after drying. Do this 3 times a week.
17. Put equal quantity of tomato and potato juice in honey, apply it on the black area and leave it on for 5 to 10 minutes and then massage and wash with light hand.
18. Add grated cucumber and lemon juice to a teaspoon of sandalwood powder and apply on its dark part and wash after drying.
19. Mix two teaspoons of aloe vera oil by adding a few drops of almond oil and massage it on its dark part and apply it when it becomes sticky.
20.Namyaa intimate lightening serum . It is an Ayurvedic serum. It has no side effects.Apply this to a black area of your body such as the underarms, bikini area ect.It is very effective.Apply it for three consecutive months.
Note:- Use any one of the stated home recipe. You can apply all these home remedies to your under arm elbow, knee, neck and bikini area or wherever the skin has turned black, and do it continuously for three months.By doing this, the result will be seen very soon and very good.